192 Physicians Online

Fever and vomiting in a four year old

Hi my 4 year old son as had a high temperature since 3 oclock yesterday afternoon and it as not been below 39.0 his temperature is now 39.4 and he as started to vomit aswell ive tried calpol, nurofen, tried a cool flannel wash down, he as had sips of water but is bringing that back up when he is being sick im a little bit concerned about him now an was wondering what i should do next?

You need to take your son to the physician. He may have a simple upper respiratory tract infection , a pneumonia, a stomach flu or even more serioud meningitis which is vital to rule out. He also may require antibiotics to treat the infection . From your description it seems that he has a major infection which needs treatment soon.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

Dr. Suneel Sharman

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Kunaal Jindal

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA