Fever and vomiting in a four year old

Q: Hi my 4 year old son as had a high temperature since 3 oclock yesterday afternoon and it as not been below 39.0 his temperature is now 39.4 and he as started to vomit aswell ive tried calpol, nurofen, tried a cool flannel wash down, he as had sips of water but is bringing that back up when he is being sick im a little bit concerned about him now an was wondering what i should do next?

A:   You need to take your son to the physician. He may have a simple upper respiratory tract infection , a pneumonia, a stomach flu or even more serioud meningitis which is vital to rule out. He also may require antibiotics to treat the infection . From your description it seems that he has a major infection which needs treatment soon.