Fever at night and sweat.

Patient

Q: Hi I started getting fever from 19th Sept Friday only at night and then on saturday post that i saw a nurse on Ttuesday 23 Sept as it was horrible state the fever was 38*C, she wrote pencillinn 500mg 3 times a day with paracetamol(calpol) 500mg mistakely i took 1000mg of antibiotics on WED and Thursday then 500mg again ... went for blodd test saw a doctor on Saturday, nothing detected all was normal except CRP level which was 16.8 off normal ratio 3-5 mg/L, he said I have Acute upper respiratory tract infection and wrote sinus medicines, I dont have any sinus history, my GF had Sinus. and now fever comes at night when on bed and a lot of weakness and body pain basically back ache, and restless in morning and tired all day. Please suggest

Symptoms:  Fever and Sweat at night, body pain back ache, head ache, soar throat some times, sleepy in the morning and a lot weak ness
Doctor

A:   Thanks for consulting us. Since fever is continuing, need complete evaluation. CRP levels indicate that some infection is going on; it can not specify what kind of infection it is. As your physician told, it could be Respiratory infection prevailing associated with Sinusitis. Sinusitis can not be transmitted through your GF, as like Respiratory infection. Taking 1gm of Penicillin for 1-2 days is okay, but make sure it would not be repeated in future with any kind of medicine. Back ache, weakness, sweat, etc., may be part of upper respiratory infection. If the symptoms are not subsided in a week duration, complete evaluation for the source of infection is suggested.