Fever feeling

Patient: About three months ago I felt like I had a fever but my temperature was normal. I had the chills, body aches, felt weak, and lightheaded. It lasted for a couple days and stopped and then came back the next week. I have been getting this for two to three consecutive days every week ever since. What could this be?

Doctor: Thank you for your question. It could be possible that you are experiencing the effects of hormonal fluctuations in your body. A possible cause of your symptoms is due to your thyroid gland. This gland is located in the neck, produces a hormone that regulates body temperature, and metabolism.There could be other hormones that play a role in what you are experiencing as well, such as epinephrine which is secreted by the adrenal gland under times of stress. We recommend that you visit your doctor to be examined and determine what could be causing your symptoms. It is possible that you will need to have your blood tested to quantify your hormone levels as well.Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com