Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Fever from last seven days

Fever from last seven days

Patient: I have lite fever from last 7 days.I did my blood test but everything is ok in report. i have 99-99.5 fever from last 7 days. doctor told me that it is viral infection and i am eating medicine form last 5 days.but still i have fever. first i had cold and throat pain after that it get ok with simple medicine PCM after that i got fever.please tell me what might be the problem because blood report is ok.

Doctor: It is likely to be a viral infection, which usually lasts for at least 7 to 10 days. You may continue to take PCM for fe ver, that may go away on its own with the decline in infection. A healthy, nutritious diet may help strengthen your immunity and fight infections.