Fever, headache and increase heart beat. Help?

Q: I have been having Fever and headache for the last two days, increase heart beat and fever get worse after taking Advil. Should I use alternative Pain killer instead?

Symptoms:  Headache, fever,increase heartbeat

A:   Thank you for contacting ask the doctor. I am sorry for your suffering. advil is an analgesic and plays no role in the treatment of fever. to treat fever you must take an antipyretic. in case you have noticed that using avdil increases the fever that could be the side - effect and yes changing the medications would be a possible move. I recommend you do not self medicate and visit a physician to get diagnosed before you start popping medications. These medications could have serious side-effects and can do more harm than good. Hope this information was useful.