Fever in the first trimester of pregnancy

Patient

Q: I have been having low grade feverS for several weeks, I am in my first trimester. The fevers come mire and more everyday. Is this normal? Or should I be alarmed? I do not have insurance yet nor a midwife yet, I am in the process of finding a midwife, but I am very concerned Bout the fevers. What is your suggestions for the moment.

Doctor

A:   Temperatures during pregnancy specially during the first trimester (time during which organs of the baby are developing) is concerning because it may cause significant birth defects of the baby if not adequately treated. I suggest that you see a doctor or visit the emergency department in a hospital for prompt diagnosis of the cause of rising temperatures and relevant treatment.