Fever with no apparent cause and normal tests

Patient : My Mother aged about 45 years old, has been having high fever lasting for an hour or two and is controlled soon after taking a paracetamol pill, and thereafter heavy sweating followed by weakness and dehydration. it has been going on once in two(2) weeks for last 2 months, a total of 4 times she has been having fever till the medication of a paracetamol. we have consult our Medicine doctor nothing is apparent yet ! the following are the tests that have been conducted and the results are negative:- 1. Malaria 2. Typhoid 3. Urine Culture for 48 hours 3. Blood culture for 72 hours 4. X-ray of chest 5. ultrasound of abdomen only found that she has a little fatty lever, and a little high uric acid and increased ESR. The one of the best doctor in town is unable to advice. What can be the reasons of having fever? that too 102-103 of intensity of an woman aged 45. one doctor friend said some times stool worms can also result a fever is it? is it necessary to do a brain CT-Scan? she has no other symptoms...no headache, no cold, or stomach trouble.. i am helpless,pls help Thanks a lot KKK
Doctor :   From your description and the test results, it seems difficult to confirm a single diagnosis. However, there could be a possibility of anemia, affected kidney or liver function or a tumour anywhere in the body. Stool worms may also cause fever, but there may also be other symptoms associated with it like stomach pain, changes in the bowel habits etc. In my opinion a brain CT scan may not be an initial requirement at this time, given no related symptoms to associate with any underlying cause in the brain. You may want to get her iron levels checked and also go for kidney and liver function tests to rule out any abnormality in kidney and liver functions. Hope this helps.