Few days ago, I noticed a couple of small white

Q: Few days ago, I noticed a couple of small white spots on my right tonsil. I was having cold at that time and was sneezing a little bit. There was also a sharp pain on that side of my throat along the vein, but it was not unbearable. Today, I noticed the white spots have now developed into white patches and they are a lot now. I am also having cough. I am worried. What could this be? Does this sound like something serious?

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

You seem to be suffering from Streptococcal Sore Throat. Or this can be Ebstein Barr Virus infection as there are swollen lymph nodes associated.
I advise as following in such scenario:
1. To take an antibiotic like Amoxycillin/Clavunate .
2. To take an anti-allergic like Levocetrizine, chlorpheniramine.
3. To do warm saline gargles.
4. To do steam inhalation
5. To take Paracetamol on as or when required basis for fever and body pains.
If you have persistent lymphadenopathy even after the course of medicines as discussed, you would require to get FNAC of the lymph node and chest X-ray.
Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.

Patient: Hello,

Thank you so much for your response. I saw doctor yesterday and she also thought the same. She ordered 1) Rapid Strep Test and 2) Mono test. However, both of them were negative. In addition, CBC was also completely normal.

She asked me to complete a course of Azithromycin for 5 days and return back if it still persists.

However, I am still extremely worried because today I noticed small white spots in my left tonsil too. I also have got a rash on left shoulder for past 4-5 days which was extremely itchy. It seems it has got better today since it is not itching. In addition, the tone of my body seems reddish unlike before.

I am not sure what's going on and am extremely worried :(