Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Few drops of blood in Urine

Few drops of blood in Urine

Patient: Hi, I noticed few drops of blood in my urine while urination since 2-3 weeks feel burning sensation while passing urine, I drink plenty of water 2 litres per day. I’m 27 and physically fit, I had physical check up 4 months back and clear with pap smear, thyroids and diabetes. I have no history of accident, back fall or anything. I do not take any kind of medication unlike multi vitamins, I take twice a day (from swanson hair nail and skin, whole food multi-vit & mineral without iron) .Thank you, will really appreciate your response.

Symptoms: Symptoms: burning sensation during urination (only sometimes)

Doctor: Thank you for your question. It is possible that you are suffering from a urinary tract infection. This is commonly caus ed by bacteria which can be contracted by sexually transmitted infections. We recommend that you follow up with your doctor to conduct a urine test. You will likely be prescribed antibiotics to treat this infection. Please see your doctor as soon as possible as this infection can cause an acute infection of the kidneys called acute pyelonephritis.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com