Fifteen weeks Pregnant and had King fish accidently..

Q: I am having complicated pregnancy of 15 weeks with complicated pregnancy..i ate king fish last night without knowing its there any problem associated with it..

A:   Thank you for your question. This particular fish has very high levels of mercury and it is not recommend to be eaten while pregnant. Having said that, if you have ingested this fish only once, it should not pose any severe threat to your pregnancy. Mercury poisoning commonly effects women during the first trimester of pregnancy. You are already in your second trimester. We suggest that you exercise caution when ingesting any type of seafood in the future. Please limit what you eat to only those fish/seafood that has low levels of mercury. This can be easily obtained from your state/province department of health or through your personal OB/GYN.

Thank you for choosing