Finger cut

Patient

Q: I cut my finger last night with a knife and it cut pretty deep it did not stop bleeding without pressure until later today and seems to have kinda closed however it is tinging and my arm now feels weak and heavy...should this been something to worry about

Doctor

A:   It is difficult to assess the significance of your symptoms without actually seeing the injury. Since you seem to have some doubt about the severity of the wound I suggest you seek medical attention. Lacerations (cuts) to the finger are not usually severe, but if a blood vessel was injured, there can be ssignificant blood loss. This may explain the symptoms. In any event, it is best to have the injury examined by a medical professional to be safe.