First Painful Pap I've Experienced

Q: Hi, i went for a pap test today. No big deal, right? I've had them since I was 15 and I'm 49 now. For years I had to get them done at least twice a year when I had cervical cancer. So I've had all a lot of them and they don't phase me. I only remember it being a little painful once. Today was super painful. So bad I dug into the stirups and pushed myself away! It felt like she was doing an exploratory with that thing. This was a new doctor for me but she opened that speculum so wide that I thought I was going to have a tiny tears. Then it took her about 3-4 times longer than I've experienced.
After all that, and knowing I was widowed, She asked me how long had it been since I'd had sex? Three years I said. She proceeds to tell me that the reason i was in so much pain was because I hadn't had sex for a long time, and I was dry, and that If You Don't Use It You
Lose It. She then made the point, twice, that I better be ready that the first time I have sex again it will be really REALLY painful I thought that last comment was very unprofessional. You just don't go around project something that on a patient. This pap was so painful that I now dread having another pap. Based on my history and experience, my feeling is that it was her and not my vagina as she was blaming. Only 5 years ago I had been celebit for 3 years before I met my husband. Would you please share your thoughts? I would be grateful. Thank you.