First time allergic reaction to shellfish

Patient

Q: My husband recently had a possible allergic reaction. 7 days ago, he ate crab. The next day he had tingling in his lips and by the following day his lips were swollen. He said his throat was sore and it was hard to swallow. These symptoms went on for about 2 more days and then subsided. This has never happened at all to him with seafood/shellfish. He is a diabetic. Should he see his doctor? Allergy doctor? Diabetes doctor?

Symptoms:  Swollen lips, tingling tongue, throat sore and hard to swallow.
Doctor