Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > First time having sex now having irregular periods

First time having sex now having irregular periods

Patient: I had sex April 12, 2014 since then my period has been irregular is that bad?

Symptoms: Symptoms:moody,hot flashes,headaches,light headed,irregular period,sleep more than often

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.your association of sex with irregularity of cycles is irrational though it is an obs ervation, but the cause is not sex but immaturity of reproductive hormones in your age group. These menses generally regularise by 15-16 years of age. So the symptoms you are experiencing are a part of PMS and commonly seen prior to menses. So rest assured.Hope this helps you.Regards