First time sex side effect?

Q: Two nights ago my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex. He did not ejaculate and neither of us had ever had sex. It didn't go in all the way but part of it did go in, we both decided to stop and so we did. I've always had a daily discharge but it never had an odor of fish or anything. But since that night, I've felt a lot more wet down there and it doesn't smell like fish but it has some kind of odor. My discharge is whitish and sort of clumpy but not super clumpy like cottage cheese. Could this just be because it was our first time ?

Thanks for contacting

During the first intercourse when the internal mileu of the vagina is virgin , the squamous cells from the vaginal mucosa and the cells from the penile skin of the male partner , they tend to be shed and mixed with the vaginal fluid together and over the next few days these cells would be sloughed out as discharge which could have a pungent smell and the discharge could be thicker, copious and mucoid in consistency. This is normal and can be just washed off with water or vinegar based vaginal washes.

Unless there has been an itching inside the vagina involved or any soreness involved , vaginal fungal or bacterial infection should be contemplated then . However , in absence of such signs and symptoms, it can be considered a natural cleansing mechanism of the vagina which increases the discharge to flush out the foreign squamous cells acquired during intercourse.

The phenomenon is not repeated everytime as keratinization of vaginal mucousa may occur with repeated intercourses in future.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you goo dhealth,