Fits disease in children

Q: Doctor, my cousin, now 3 yrs old, is suffering from some kind of disease like fits. When he was almost 1 yr old, he wasn't like other children. He wasn't able to sit properly or speak or respond to anything. We consulted many doctors, tried many medicines. All was of no use. Now he has become so thin and unhealthy. Can you please help me with this issue?

Symptoms:  Weight loss, body becoming weak, not responding to anything

A:   You have complained of fits and associated delay in achievement of milestone in your cousin. He is definitely suffering from a lesion in brain, which resulted in delay in milestones, like delay in speech, sitting, walking. etc. Medication can only suppress the symptoms unless the proper diagnosis is established. An EEG study along with MRI brain must be done to diagnose appropriately and then treated. consult a pediatrician for further management.