Five Thoracotomies have caused severe scoliosis and spinal disease?

Q: I have severe osteoporosis and scoliosis. My entire spine has deterioration and disease including passed compression fractures in the thoracic spine. Most of my pain is in the thoracic area but I have lumbar pain when bending over due to wedge deformities, herniated discs that are now dessicated. I recently ran across an article about scoliosis in children who have had at least one thoracotomy to correct coarctation of the aorta. I have had five thoracotomies to correct the PDA and Coarctation of the aorta from 3 months old through 33 years of age. I am now 47 and have a very marked slant as my left shoulder is much higher than my right shoulder and consequently my torso is now slanted as well. It is incredibly painful and I have been on narctoics for pain management for over four years now. The pain continues to worsen as my spine worsens and when I found the article on the scoliosis with children who had a thoracotomy I was very excited because I thought this might explain some of my anatomical disease process and why my left should had always been higher than right although the "slant" has been recent to the past 5 to 7 years.

Do you think that, in addition to the osteoporosis, that my spinal problem is related to my left thoracotomy? Thank you very much, I greatly appreciate any help you can offer since NO physician has ever made the connection for me.