x
151 Physicians Online

Question:

Flare up of symptoms of ulcerative colitis?

Not sure what's going on with my daughter. She has Ulcerative Colitis, not sure if what she's feeling has anything to do with it. For the past week, she's been complaining of a upset tummy. She feels it most whenever she eats. No pain, just upset feeling. She's also been VERY thirsty. I thought maybe diabetes. Any idea what she could have?

Answer:

The symptoms your daughter is facing could indicate a flare up of the symptoms of ulcerative colitis but could also be due to an underlying irritable bowel syndrome. Your daughter requires an evaluation from her doctor or a gastroenterologist and may require anti-inflammatory medications (short course of steroids) or antimicrobial medication to induce remission.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.