Flat stool shavings with occassional blood.

Patient : Hello I am 28 year old male. I had blood in my stool years ago and went to a gastronologist and had a colonoscopy done which nothing was found and was negative for polyps or tears. Now for the past 6 months or so I have had occasional blood in my stool bright red in color which hasn't happened in a month or so. My current issue is I have mostly loose stools but recently in the past few months have noticed my stool are flat, ribbon like shavings. Maybe 2 inches each that accumulate at the bottom of the toilet bowl. I do have a sharp pinching pain near my anus and have noticed a small tic tac size external growth. I am curious if something more serious is going on internally causing this. I would like to get some clarification on what the causes may be before I make a trip to the dr. Thank You Kyle
Symptoms:  Fatigue, generalized aching, sharp pain near anus. Flat stool shavings. Occasional blood in stool. tic tac sized growth external of anus.
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. The changes in your stool caliber may be due to changes in your diet. Diets low in fiber, f ruits and vegetables can actually cause this. The blood you have recently observed along with the swelling may be due to hemorrhoids. These are swollen and inflamed veins within the anal canal. They can rupture producing bleeding. We do recommend that proceed to your doctor for further evaluation and treatment. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com