Fleeting flu-like symptoms.

Patient : On the morning of January 27 I awoke suddenly with what seemed to be flu-like symptoms; headache, chills, aches. However, I had no fever. These symptoms lasted most of the day. On the morning of January 28 I woke up fine. To what can I attribute these strange and fleeting symptoms? Should I worry about being contagious?
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. The most likely cause of these symptoms could be due to a transient infection. This could h ave either been due to a bacterial or viral agent which over the course of these two days could have been cleared by your immune system. It is possible that this infection could be contagious, even though you may asymptomatic. Should your symptoms return, or get worse, we recommend that you follow up with your doctor for an evaluation to determine if you require further treatment. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com