170 Physicians Online

Flu Shot complications

What sort of a doctor should I see for flu shot complications?

Complication due to flu shot is very rare and the effects can include ;

Local reaction at the site of injection such as soreness, pain and swelling. These are usually mild and should last less than 2-3 days.
Systemic reactions include fever, rash, malaise and muscle aches.
Allergic reactions include hives, angioedema and anaphylactic shock.

I would suggest that you see a family physician or an internist if you have any side effects from the flu shot.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

Dr. Suneel Sharman

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Kunaal Jindal

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA