Flu, sinuses or something else?

Patient

Q: I'm debating whether to go into the doctor for an exam. I haven't been feeling well for almost a week. My symptoms started on 1/6 with a headache when I wake up and I've had a headache daily since with little relief from pain killers. On Friday I started with nausea, chills and body aches through Saturday. They subsided and on Saturday had a sore throat and ear pain. All of these symptoms, headache, body ache, chills, nausea, sore throat, ear pain and post nasal drip are persisting off and on. Could this just be sinus related due to the cold and dry air or could that be some flu effects even though I do not have a fever. I have been taking otc allergy meds, pain killers, doing nasal flushes and drinking alot of fluids. I feel that when one syptoms stops another starts. Yesterday was headache and sore throat and ears, today is headache and nausea but the ears and throat feel better. I just don't want to continue to let things go and this become serious but I also don't want to waste my time and them tell me this has to run it's course. Please provide your recommendation or feedback on my symptoms and suggestions.

Symptoms:  Headache, nausea, post nasal drop, sore throat, sinus pressure, ear ache, body aches
Doctor

A:   Hello, Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
You seem to have developed an Upper Respiratory Tract Infection associated with Sinusitis Headache.
I advise following in such scenario:
1. To take an antibiotic like Azithromycin.
2. To take an anti allergic like Levocetrizine.
3. To take Paracetamol as or when required basis.
4. To do warm saline gargles.
5. To do steam inhalation.
You should see your doctor, who will examine you and if finds that's the infection is not severe will start you on the treatment.
If he finds that the infection is severe he will investigate you.
I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.