Flu symptoms with awful sore throat, ear pain, and head

Patient

Q: I am an 18 year old female. I've worked at a daycare for the last 6 months so I've been catching all sorts of colds. I can usually tell the difference between a common cold and something that can be treated by antibiotics. Four days ago, Wednesday 7/08, I woke up with chills, low fever (99), lots of congestion, slightly mucusy cough, and a slightly sore throat. By Friday, the fever rose to 101 and the throat pain increased and spread to my right ear and right side of my head. Every time I swallow, I get a sharp pain in these three areas but they don't bother me much when I'm not swallowing or breathing sharply. The Tylenol does not do much to decrease the pain or fever either but I can only take Tylenol because of drug interactions. I take decongestants and I'm constantly blowing my nose. But the puzzling part is that every afternoon by around 3 or 4 I get dizzy and nauseous. The dizziness is probably the most severe I've experienced and occurs any time I even move my eyes too quickly. The nausea also occurs if I move or eat. There is no chance I'm pregnant. I went to Urgent Care today because I was worried I developed an ear infection. The PA did not see signs of ear infection or severe sore throat then he prescribed azithromycin for sinusitis even though I didn't complain of bad sinus pressure. I know it's only been four days and doesn't sound serious but it seriously prevents me from doing regular things like eating or moving or swallowing so if there is any other possible diagnosis or prescription or otc medicine or at-home remedies to try, that'd be great. I'm drinking tea and doing salt gargles and drinking tons of water already.

Symptoms:  Congestion, runny nose, sore throat, right ear pain, right side localized head pain, fever, chills, dizziness, nausea
Doctor