Folliculitous

Patient

Q: I have folliculitous on my scalp I have been suffuring for almost 5 years with this sickness I have also tried many unsucceful medicines can you help me get rid of.this please

Doctor

A:   Folliculitis of the scalp may due to an overlying inflammatory scalp condition (seborrheic dermatitis or dandruff), scalp acne or may be the sign of systemic disease like diabetes. It is essential to determine the cause of the folliculitis before undergoing nay treatment.
In the case of seborrheic dermatitis, shampoos containing ketoconazole, selenium and corticosteroids may help.
If you have acne, topical or systemic antibiotics, retinoids (creams or orally) will be beneficial. You may have to consult your dermatologist for further treatment options.