Follow-up appointment question

Patient : If I am unable to book a follow-up appointment with my primary care doctor at a sooner time, would I be able to book an appointment with a different doctor if my primary care doctor allows it? it is a follow up appointment for a prescription refill for my ADHD medication
Symptoms:  N/a
Doctor :   Hello Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query. Yes, you may do so if your primary doctor gives it i n writing. Otherwise, it will be difficult for you to get a refill of your ADHD medicine. Hope this helps, Wish you a good health.