Follow up on my ED question

Patient

Q: Thanks for yoyr detailed reply.
The problem persists, there is slight improvemet in erection level and no improvement in sex desire. I can do it 10 to 15 min and ejaculate.

i visited my urologist again, he tested my total testosterone at 1pm it came in at 471.
he did not mention "psychological"at all as possible reasons of the problem. He is blaming it on my high cholesterol saying the arteries in the area are 30 times smaller in diameter than coronary arteries and could have been narrowed by plaque build up. He again suggested i visit his friend who is a cardiologist. I see a conflict of interest here.
as said in my prev message my total chol is 236, LDL is 162, HDL 56
he prescribed Viagra for me saying it will open up those tubes that take blood to the penis
i started strength straining and running 4 to 5 days a week. I feel stronger than a month ago and I can now run faster than ever, on road 3 miles in under 25 min, my resting heart rate is now around 55 it was 61 a month ago.
is it still possible my arteries could have plaque build up?

i am thinking of testing T again along with free T, or even more through test that includes:

Thyroid Profile with TSH
Urinalysis
CBC with Differential/Platelet Count
FSH and LH Testosterone, Highly Sensitive
Hemoglobin A1c with Estimated Average Glucose
Lipid Panel
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP 14)
Prostate-specific Antigen (PSA)
Venipuncture

Do i need such a test, will it help in any way (it costs $100-$200) ?

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Read and understood the concerns by you, your Urologist and so on.
Yes, it is possible to have occlusion of arteries supplying the penis , but this can be diagnosed or ruled by color doppler and / or MRI with angiography of the penis.
Insist for this direct evidence than going into discussion alone as this will prove, whether there is a problem or not. you are too young to develop narrowing of the arteries and seen your lipid profiles.

It is good that you have increased running distance and stamina, your doing masturbation for 10 to 15 minutes indicate that you are normal.
Get the tests you have mentioned so that the normal ranges can make sure that everything else is fine.

So there is no ED as you can masturbate for a long time.
If anything further you can call me anytime.

I hope this answer helps you.