Food allergies and IC

Patient : Can food allergies cause urinary urgency and frequency as well as burning?
Symptoms:  Frequent and urgent urination pain ( not when I urinate ) more like pressure
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. Food allergies cause more of intestinal symptoms like diarrhea and vomiting, however, u rinary symptoms can also be noted in rare instances. Consult a doctor for an examination and urine routine and microscopy test. It would reveal the cause of the frequency. Also, rule out diabetes. Do not stop drinking adequate water due to increased frequency of urination. It is not the cause here. Avoid the food items that you are allergic to. Hope this helped. Regards