Patient : I recently purchased food grade diatomaceous earth at a health food store as a flea and tick preventative for my dog. As I was walking through the store multiple commented about how they take food grade diatomaceous earth on a daily basis and have noticed significant positive changes in their health. I have tried to research more information about human ingestion of diatomaceous earth and everything I find seems positive but I wouldn't consider any of the sources to be reliable.
Is it dangerous to ingest food grade diatomaceous earth?
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.