Food posioning or the flu? My boyfriend woke up at 3:30am

Patient

Q: Food posioning or the flu?
My boyfriend woke up at 3:30am on Saturday and thought he had to go to the bathroom because his stomach hurt, once he was in there he started throwing up. His stomach only hurt when there was something in it. He also had diharrea and felt a little warm. He said his body was sore later in the evening around 4-5pm but he threw up a lot and was sleeping on the floor. The vomiting/diharrea only lasted about 5-6 hours then it was done and later Saturday night like 10-11pm was feeling a lot better. Today he is feeling fine (just a little nervous to eat) do you think it was the flu or food poising? Also I feel fine and was around him on Friday night when his stomach started to hurt. My parents feel fine too and we've all be around him all week.

Symptoms:  Sudden vomiting, sore stomach only when something was in his stomach, diaharrea, low fever, later in the night he had a headache and his body was sore and very dehydrated
Doctor