Food, what to eat especially for breakfast.

Patient

Q: I hate coffee, tea and wine. I love milk but just found out I am lactose intolerant. Eggs violently upset my stomach. I don't know what to eat, especially for breakfast. Over the counter lactose pills don't work.

Symptoms:  Upset stomach
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Unfortunately if you are sensitive to both diary (lactose) and eggs, you will need to avoid eating them. A very healthy option for breakfast is oatmeal with fresh fruit. This will provide you will adequate energy in the morning to start your day, and also has a great property of assisting in maintaining healthy cholesterol levels. We hope this helps.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com