Foods to Eat with Asthma

Patient: What foods are best to eat when you have asthma? can you eat whole wheat bread?

Doctor: There is plenty to suggest that a good diet may have some role in preventing asthma. Diets rich in green leafy vegetable s, fruits and omega 3 fatty acids found in fish and flaxseed have a high level of vitamin C and E, beta carotenes and omega-3 fatty acids which is said to improve lung function. The vitamins and minerals present in these diets have antioxidant properties which is protective in nature.Asthmatics are also advised to refrain from high calorie diets and food associated with allergies such as lactose (milk), eggs, shellfish, peanuts. Whole wheat bread is safe for asthmatics. It is advisable to consult your doctor or an asthma specialist before altering your diet. I hope you find the information useful, take care.