Foot/Ankle Pain 8 months after twisting ankle

Q: Hello, I twisted my an ankle pretty bad back in August of 2014. It was not my first twisted ankle so I knew exactly what to do. The problem I have now is that after my ankle stopped hurting I began having pain in the bottom right portion of my foot near my pinky toe, the injury was on my right foot. It would only hurt when I would run and jump and afterwards for a few days then it would go away. Well after a couple months that pain went away and its like it kind of moved up to the joint that connects my shin to my foot. Now it hurts regularly whenever I bend my foot back a sharp pain and tightness whenever I lift my foot back. I was just wondering if you could help maybe narrow down what kind of injury I could have and whether or not if this may need surgery?

Symptoms:  Sharp pain whenever I bend or stretch my foot back. Pain when in the same place when I bend foot down or try and stand on the balls of my feet (Right foot).

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD. I have gone through your query and understand your concern.

Your recent injury seems to be tendinitis of perineal tendons.Treatment of it is rest to joint and analgesic such as ibuprofen.

Vitamin B and C is helpful in recovery.Sometimes local steroid injection is required. I found very good results with local triamcinolone ( steroid) in my clinical practice. Generally surgery is not required.

These again and again pain seems to be related to over activities and athletes activities, but you are advised to get vitamin D level to rule out vitamin D deficiency. If found low you can take supplements of vitamin D3.

Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.