Foot/Ankle Pain 8 months after twisting ankle

Patient: Hello, I twisted my an ankle pretty bad back in August of 2014. It was not my first twisted ankle so I knew exactly what to do. The problem I have now is that after my ankle stopped hurting I began having pain in the bottom right portion of my foot near my pinky toe, the injury was on my right foot. It would only hurt when I would run and jump and afterwards for a few days then it would go away. Well after a couple months that pain went away and its like it kind of moved up to the joint that connects my shin to my foot. Now it hurts regularly whenever I bend my foot back a sharp pain and tightness whenever I lift my foot back. I was just wondering if you could help maybe narrow down what kind of injury I could have and whether or not if this may need surgery?

Symptoms: Sharp pain whenever I bend or stretch my foot back. Pain when in the same place when I bend foot down or try and stand on the balls of my feet (Right foot).

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD. I have gone through your query and understand your concern.Your rec ent injury seems to be tendinitis of perineal tendons.Treatment of it is rest to joint and analgesic such as ibuprofen.Vitamin B and C is helpful in recovery.Sometimes local steroid injection is required. I found very good results with local triamcinolone ( steroid) in my clinical practice. Generally surgery is not required.These again and again pain seems to be related to over activities and athletes activities, but you are advised to get vitamin D level to rule out vitamin D deficiency. If found low you can take supplements of vitamin D3.Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.