Foot fracture v/s superficial injury

Patient

Q: Is it normal for a broken fourth toe to still be swollen, mildly bruised and have a hard, unusual feeling to the toe and surrounding area after 9-10 weeks. no medical advice or treatment was sought at the time of the break.

Doctor

A:   Since no medical advice or treatment was sought for the injured toe, I advice you to please consult a physician in person since you will need an xray of the toe along with possible treatment . The fact that the swelling and the pain has not subsided means that it was not just a sprain but a possible hair line fracture or a complete fracture. I wish you all the best.