Foot muscle tightness after cut

Patient

Q: I injured my foot with a clean shard of glass the thickness of 2 toothpicks put together. It was below the big toe between the bones. It went 1/4 inch or less deep into the muscle (?). I couldn't stand or walk on it for 5 days (crutches) and was able, each day, to put more and more weight on it. I can now walk with a slight limp and slight bruise. The cut is healing nicely.

My question is the I am getting muscle tightness going to the big toe from the cut when I walk and then it "pops" or releases when I take pressure off for about 15 seconds. I feel like the time frame is that I'm healing quickly, however I'm just making sure this is normal in the healing process and it isn't a permanent thing that will keep happening.

I have full mobility in my toes and foot, the muscle tightens and I can still move/ walk but it feels tight and uncomfortable.

Symptoms:  Foot muscle tightness
Doctor

A:   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
After a deep cut muscles, dermis and epidermis (Skin) starts to heal and this causes the tightening.
This is a natural phenomenon. But you should see your doctor who will just check if the healing is going in the right direction and there are no signs of infection.
I would also recommend you to check your tetanus vaccination status.
I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.