Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Foot muscle tightness after cut

Foot muscle tightness after cut

Patient: I injured my foot with a clean shard of glass the thickness of 2 toothpicks put together. It was below the big toe between the bones. It went 1/4 inch or less deep into the muscle (?). I couldn’t stand or walk on it for 5 days (crutches) and was able, each day, to put more and more weight on it. I can now walk with a slight limp and slight bruise. The cut is healing nicely.My question is the I am getting muscle tightness going to the big toe from the cut when I walk and then it “pops” or releases when I take pressure off for about 15 seconds. I feel like the time frame is that I’m healing quickly, however I’m just making sure this is normal in the healing process and it isn’t a permanent thing that will keep happening.I have full mobility in my toes and foot, the muscle tightens and I can still move/ walk but it feels tight and uncomfortable.

Symptoms: Foot muscle tightness

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor.After a deep cut muscles, dermis and epidermis (Skin) starts to heal and this causes the tightening.This is a natural phenomenon. But you should see your doctor who will just check if the healing is going in the right direction and there are no signs of infection.I would also recommend you to check your tetanus vaccination status.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.