Foot Problem

Patient

Q: Hello, I thank you and fully appreciate any attempt made at answering my question.

I was doing isolated single weighted calf raises on a stand and I think I hurt myself. It was at the end of my workout after I had done leg press, leg extension, leg curl, and glutes machine. On my third weighted set I felt a bit of pain, mild to moderate but didn't think much of it. As I walked to the exit of my gym I felt some discomfort from walking, its not in the ankle but more on the upper foot on the outer side of my left foot. Its weird because sometimes the pain goes away, and sometimes it returns depending on how much pressure I put on the foot and how big of a stride I take. Could it be a minor tear or sprain of a ligament or tendon that I overstretched while doing the exercise. Mind you I am 215 pounds, and use a 55lb dumbell to add resistance to the single calf raise. I do more than 10 reps with this weight. Maybe it was too much weight? or workload. That part of my upper foot affected did not get swollen or turn purple. There is no consistency in the pain, sometimes it hurts and i have to modify my stride as I walk, and other times it does not.

Doctor