Foot Problem

Patient

Q: General Foot Problem

Hi

I have a problem with my right foot is far worse. Unless I wear shoes that are flat, supported and very generously fitted I get a ache pain inside my foot in the middle of my foot, but it feels connected to the bones of my 3rd and 4th toe. It starts with a kind of clicking and sometimes settles down, but sometimes not (and turns to pain).
It started about 15 years ago, when I used to wear lot of heels. One day something just 'went' in my foot and it has been like this ever since.

I have a new job where I am on my feet a lot, so the problem has come to the fore.

Any ideas what could be causing it and if there is something I can do to help it get better.

Thank you.

Doctor