For a couple of days I've been feeling this weird

Q: For a couple of days I've been feeling this weird pain around my urethral area. First I feel pressure like I need to pass gas then it feels like its moving then it brings this 2 second pain to my urethra around my balls area. It does it different times of the day, especially when I'm not standing up. It really hurts and it's really sharp. It comes and goes but I'm not sure what it is.

Thank you for your medical query at

Your symptoms are suggestive of urethritis and urinary tract infection.
I will advise you get a urine routine for microscopic bacteria and also they can culture the urethral discharge.
A course of Doxycycline with a recommended dose of 100 mg twice daily helps in such infections. You can discuss it with your physician. It should be taken for a minimum period of 7-10 days for complete recovery. The antibiotic can be modified based on culture reports.

Hope this was helpful,