Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > For a female with multiple (20+, different sizes from palm

For a female with multiple (20+, different sizes from palm

Patient: For a female with multiple (20+, different sizes from palm size to pea size) lipoma along the upper and mid rib cage, upper sides, center chest, underneath breasts, and along the back…. how would the surgical experience be to have them removed?

Symptoms: Pain at lump sides, Pain when standing, sitting, etc for too long, pain when breathing heavily. Shortness of breath.

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I have read your query.I understand your concern.LLipomas are fat containing swellings. These are harmless structures and most of the times are of cosmetic concern only.I prefer to advise surgical removal in those cases where either they are painful, of real cosmetic concern to the patient or limited in number.I would not advise you to go for surgical excision as it will leave the scar everywhere.You may leave them without any harm.I hope it helps.Stay healthy