For a few day now, I have had swollen, watery,

Patient : For a few day now, I have had swollen, watery, itchy eyes. I am also really congested with swollen glands under each side of my jaw. I am a chronic allergy sufferer. I take Zyrtec often and sometimes Sudafed which seems to manage my symptoms well. With my being in FL, and the arrival of spring, I thought that it's just a bad reaction to increased levels of seasonal pollen. I have been taking Claritin and Zyrtec for the past 72 hours but it seems to have no effect. It's like my body is having one big allergic reaction. Is this something that requires medical attention or does it just have to run its course? Could this require antibiotics or a prescribed solution? I don't want the hassle of going in to see an MD and they suggest nasal spray or something menial in nature.
Symptoms:  Watery, Itchy, swollen eyes. Congestion. Swollen glands and sore throat.
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. Noted your history of chronic allergy, your staying in FL, swollen, itchy watery eyes, glan ds as you have mentioned and no relief in spite of the medicines you have been taking (Claritin and Zyrtec for the past 72 hours). It is being like having a big allergic reaction. Since you are taking the right medicines, yet have no control means you have to have a clinical evaluation, examination, few investigations and additional medicines as per the findings. I think of very short course oral steroids to tide over the situation if you are not diabetic. This alone may help and may be needed to have the control and is a prescription based medicine. I hope this answers your query, please feel free to ask for further relevant query if you feel that there is a gap of communication.