For my wife the period came twice in 1 week

Patient

Q: For my wife the period came twice in 1 week & fever also....what may be the reason??

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Usually menstrual period with length of 7 days can be considered as normal only.
During that 7 days some women may get one or two days gap followed by spotting for few more days.
It can occur due to hormonal imbalance which can be caused by stress and strain, lifestyle modifications, recent illness like fever etc.
If the irregularity persists in next cycles, better to get evaluated.
By clinical examination and investigations like ultrasound, gonadal and thyroid hormonal profile, complete blood picture etc, the possible cause of her problem can be identified and treatment can be planned accordingly.

Take care.