For patients with diabetes how helpful is the 1,5-AG GlycoMa

Q: For patients with diabetes how helpful is the 1,5-AG GlycoMark test? What types of patients does it benefit the most and what type of patients does it benefit the least?

Welcome to ATD. Thank you for the query.

GlycoMark test is indicated for anyone with an A1C under 8.
GlycoMark is really useful to show if new medications are working, the pair tells us, because it shows variability within a two-week period after a new medicine is started. It's also helpful for physicians to "separate out patients having problems, the fact that even with a decent A1C, some patients are not faring so well with too many high and low points.
People with diabetes should aim for a GlycoMark test result greater than 10 micrograms/mL.
A GlycoMark of 10 ug/mL would mean the average daily post-meal blood sugar over the past 1-2 weeks is approximately 185 mg/dL.
A GlycoMark of 12 ug/mL would mean an average post-meal blood sugar of 180 mg/dL.

Hope this helps you.