For tha last 4 years I been having a discharge

Patient : For tha last 4 years I been having a discharge of a stinky liquid from my belly also some blood . It comes and goes. Ointment cures it for a time period but then it comes back. What can it be
For tha last 4 years I been...-1
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query and picture. Read and understood your problem very well. The history of stinky liquid and blood from belly button for 4 years. Mupirocin Ointment cures but then it comes back. The commonest causes are: - Umbilical granuloma in which there is a mass formation followed by pus and blood discharge. - Umbilical fistula, in which there is a connection either with the urinary bladder or small intestine. I would like to advise you the following: - Examination and exploration by a General Surgeon. He can probe to see and confirm whether this is a granuloma or a fistula, will advise the tests accordingly. Ultrasonography / Contrast CT scan / Fistulogram. - Exploration and removal of the granuloma or the tract for cure. Do not apply anything locally. I hope this answer help you to get a perfect diagnosis and curative treatment.