For the last 7 months or so I've had an

Q: For the last 7 months or so I've had an occasional sudden ringing sound in my ears accompanied by a loss of hearing. It appeared to be temporary and the ringing stops. It seems to happen randomly and not following exposure to particularly loud noise.
Two weeks ago the hearing in my right ear was noticeably reduced and I could easily make it 'pop', whilst on the ground, without performing the Valsava manoeuvre too forcefully. Full hearing would seem to return to the ear immediately after the technique, but then reduce again until further popping. Around the same time a noticeable swooshing sound appeared in the ear accompanied by static.

I've always had some static (for many months anyway) however it has never noticeably seemed to come from a particular ear. Two weeks later the static noise is still present in the ear and the occassional ringing accompanied with noticeable reduction in hearing continues.
In the past few months I've also noticed a feeling of something being in my ears when I tilt my head (this is only occassional also). I thought this to be wax and had a nurse look at them but she said she could see no wax.
I can no longer notice the hearing loss in my right ear (separate to that which occurres with the ringing), but can still pop it on the ground whereas I can't with my left ear.

I have recently flown on a commercial airliner and had no issues. I do have problems equalising my ears when diving. Haven't dived in years.

I'm doing pilot training-
Should I have my ears looked at?

Symptoms:  Occassional ringing in ears and reduction in hearing for couple of minutes then full hearing returns. Recent reduction of hearing in right ear. Hearing returned after popping then decreased again. Followed by swooshing in right ear and static. Noise reduction in right ear no longer noticeable but can still pop.