For the last year I've had random occuring red marks

Q: For the last year I've had random occuring red marks on the palm of my hands and feed varying from small to quarter shape. The ones on my feet hurt but both all last only 24 hrs or so. Every few months. Also between there or around there I would have a tip of a toe or finger randomly become red and very sore to touch and that also last only 24 hours. No other symptoms. They are not raised bumps or itchy or anything like that.

A:   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.
I have read your query in detail and I understand your concern.

As per details, it seems that you are suffering from a condition called urticaria. It is characterized by red colored itchy transient eruptions over the body. These may be raised or may present as red spots on the body.
It can be caused by an allergy to recent infection, any food, seasonal change, drugs, pollen grains etc.
Urticaria can be Acute, Chronic and Acute on Chronic.
When the duration of the disease is more than 6 weeks, it is known as Chronic Urticaria.

I would like to advise you following investigation:
1 ) Blood sugar
2 ) Thyroid profile
3 ) Absolute Eosinophil count
4) Serum IgE levels

In such cases, I prefer to advise a combination of Antihistaminics like Levocetirizine and montelukast to my patients. Once start on the treatment, results are seen with in 3-5 days.
Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and order tests for you.
You can share my opinion with him.

I hope it helps.
Stay healthy

Patient: They are not itchy and do not last more than 2 days. One spot on my palm, few months later another. Some on my feet occasionally too. They are not raised they are flesh but red. When the tips of my fingers and toes (not at the same time, just randomly) they are not swollen just red and very sore to touch. I'm a 31/f I don't know if that matters. I used to get them every 2 months or so but over the last month it's been 2 weeks apart. Sometimes the ones on the palm of my hand hurts to touch if it's larger
Doctor: Hi. Your further description also fits into Urticaria. Get tested as advised.
Good luck