Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > For the past 5 years I had a regular period

For the past 5 years I had a regular period

Patient: For the past 5 years I had a regular period last month my Period came a week late & this month it came late again followed by cramping and lower back pain & I feel dizzy at times & two days before I had light green vaginal discharge , what could be going on with my body

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Since you have been having a green color discharge it seems abnormal and you must get it investigated. It could be a bacterial infection. You will need a course of antibiotics.Also evaluate yourself to rule out thyroid dysfunction, anemia, nutritional deficiencies, obesity, stress related causes for delay in cycle.Hope this helped.Regards