Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > For the past 8 hours my left armpit has been

For the past 8 hours my left armpit has been

Patient: For the past 8 hours my left armpit has been numb on the outside to the left in like a strip, I was outside last night with bugs did I get a bug bite that pinched my nerve and If it was pinched will I ever get my feelings back

Symptoms: Numbness

For the past 8 hours my lef...-1

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.You seem to be suffering from Acute Muscular Spasm but we should always rule out an y evidence of cervical disc problem in such cases.I would advise you to get:1.X-ray Cervical spine to rule out any disc prolapse.2. ESR, Serum calcium and vitamin D levels.For acute muscular pain I advise my patients to take a combination of pain killer and muscle relaxant containing Diclofenac and Thiocolchicoside and to do hot fomentation of the affected area. They should also apply Diclofenac ointment locally and get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.Your pain would start getting better in 5 days. If any disc prolapse is found you would be treated with a combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamin.Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.