For the past couple of weeks I have been feeling

Patient

Q: For the past couple of weeks I have been feeling a pain in my chest. I don't feel it on the skin, but on the actual ribs.
ALso, I have lately been able to feel my pulse as if it is somehow stronger and can feel it in my back, neck, sometimes fingers.
This is usually accompanied by pain or discomfort in my upper stomach, arms, neck, and/or back.
Also once I wwas sitting normally in my car when my heart rate suddenly skyrocketed in speed and power and I had to open my window. This lasted for about 15-20 sec and hasn't happened again.

Should I be worried?

Doctor

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
We are here to help you.

You seem to be suffering from Anxiety and this feeling of heart racing is called as "Palpitations"
Palpitations can be because of Anxiety,Thyroid issues, medicines, alcohol and smoking, arrhythmia's and a lot other causes. It seems to be anxiety in your case. However, it is always better to be sure.
I would advise you to get investigated for Thyroid issues and cardiac issues.
You would require to get:
1. Thyroid Profile
2. ECG
If any issues are found in ECG then an ECHO will be required. If your thyroid profile and ECG are normal, you just need to take care of your anxiety. You should start practicing yoga and meditation.
Avoid excess of caffeine. I would advise you strongly not to consume alcohol and do smoking in case you do. In severe cases, we prescribe to our patients Propanolol (after being sure that these issues are not due to any cardiac or lungs problem) which helps in controlling anxiety symptoms.
Share my opinion with your doctor, i am hopeful, he will agree to my advise.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy