Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > For the past few days I have had itching ,

For the past few days I have had itching ,

Patient: For the past few days I have had itching , slight discharge & visible changes to my vagina . There hasn’t been too much of an odor and I’m wondering if this is could possible be a yeast infection or more ?

For the past few days I hav...-1

Doctor: HelloThank you posting your query on “Ask the Doctor”Pricking sensation in vagina occurs in presence of infection tion and due to dryness secondary to hormonal changes.Infection could be bacterial infection or fungal infection. Infection is usually associated with white vaginal discharge. Curd like discharge suggests fungal (Candida) infection.You are suggested to visit your doctor and get the vaginal swab tested to rule out infection.0Your Doctor may start drug sensitive antibiotics and painkillers.Wish you good health!