For the past few months I have had problems with my neck

Q: For the past few months I have had problems with my neck which along with it I have the symptoms of; dizziness, neck pain which makes my neck sore to move, headaches up the back of my head to just over the top of both of my ears (can be burning/ aching or throbbing), neck pain (at the back) my neck at the C7 regularly swells from time to time but ice helps) I also have pain in both my arms mainly my left arm which makes it ache/throb right down to my palm running into all fingers (which often have numbness) apart from my thumb and anytime I lift it it feels as though I've just done a work out and it's burning. I have pain on both sides below my collar bone and on the left side of my chest above the breast area which can be dull or throb - like and also I have a dull achy pain on my ribs at both sides and on my back around the same area. I have back pain which travels down my spine and ranges from pain on the left side of my back ( all of the shoulder blade area ) right down my arm. My chest arms/back/ neck feels achy and sometimes I feel don't have a lot of 'proper' control in movement as it feels slow. I have had an X-ray on my neck down to my C7 disc and it was fine however I have been told all of these symptoms have been coming off my neck and that there's nothing that I have to worry about. What can this be/ sound like and what tests could be done next?

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
We understand your concern.

Based on the details provided you seem to be suffering from Chronic Tension Headache.
Your symptoms are more suggestive of tension headaches and not due to cervical disc issues.
Most commonly, tension headaches are misdiagnosed because of such X-ray findings.
You should start relaxation exercises.
Avoid alcohol and smoking.
Try to live a stress-free life.
Tension Headaches are treated with Amitriptyline, Escitalopram with behavioral modification treatment.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.

Patient: I appreciate your quick reply. I just find it really weird as I am a 17 year old female and I haven't done anything that would have caused my neck pain. My physiotherapist is thinking of referring me for an MRI would this help diagnose whatever my neck pain is? And I also have braces on my teeth is that okay if I were to get an MRI?