For the past little while, Whenever my boyfriend and I hv sex

Patient

Q: For the past little while, Whenever my boyfriend and I have sex, or he fingers me, I begin to bleed, I don't know why and my period isn't near. Do you know why this is happening? Is it possible I'm pregnant? It has happened twice recently and I'm very scared

Doctor

Post coital bleeding or bleeding per vaginum during sex often indicate or hints towards the presence of cervical erosions or ectopy. These erosions can bleed on frictional injury during fingering or intercourse and is the possible cause. It is suggested that you may visit your physician for a per speculum examination and a PAP SMEAR for cytology and HPV DNA CO-TESTING to rule out any atypia or abnormal cytology or cervicitis or if any HPV infection , which can then be followed up 3 monthly if presents with lower grades of atypia or if erosions are in excess, then you may be offered cryotherapy or LEEP cauterization to burn these erosions.
You may discuss the options with your Physician and take an informed decision.
I hope I have answered your query in detail.

Wishing you safe sexual practices.